Before you install/update
Please ensure that you meet the requirements to install a custom creative template in DoubleClick for Publishers.
Depending on the custom creative template you have two or three installation methods:
- Method A: download and install template file with default settings (easiest);
- Method B: customise, download and install template file with your customizations;
- Method C: manual installation (this method requires much more time than other installation methods, use this method when other methods are unavailable).
Method A: download and install
- Download the custom creative template in zip bundle from your purchase/downloads page and extract the files to your local computer. There will be creative template file with the extension ".dfp-template" (some templates have two files with ".dfp-template" extension - one for use in a size specified ad-units and another - for out-of-page ad-units, with "_outofpage" suffix).
- Sign In to your DFP account.
- Click on Delivery > Creatives on the left side menu.
- Click on tab Creative templates.
- Click NEW CREATIVE TEMPLATE if you want to install the new template or select the appropriate template to update it.
- Click on button IMPORT.
- You will be asked to select a file. Select creative template file (with extension ".dfp-template") extracted in step 1.
Import completion notification appears after a short moment.
Keep "Reporting" options unchanged. Changes in these options can break template's functionality.
- You can change the name of imported template, default values for each field. Read more how to change default values.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page. The imported template will appear in the "Creative Templates" page.
Installation is complete.
Method B: customise, download and install
- Open customisation page for the appropriate custom creative template from your purchase/downloads page.
- Make required customisations and download the customised custom creative template.
- Follow steps described in installation method A.
Method C: manual installation
- Open manual installation page for the appropriate custom creative template from your purchase/downloads page.
- Follow instructions described in the page.