We have grouped May and June updates in this two months post, no enough big news for a separate post in May. But that doesn’t mean we have done less than previous months; just in the process some complicated tasks.
We have released three updates for two templates in May and June.
- Parallaxer, the first, received updated 3rd-party tags serving method. Previously, some tags, like DCM “ins” tags, don’t execute correctly and therefore no tracking stats sent to external resources. Now, 3rd-party tags are served safely via “iframe” tags.
- Interstitial has received two visible changes. The first, a new closing type additionally to other closing options – a closing button over a layer (a banner). The closing button position can be controlled, or it can be hidden at all. The second, the template now accepts a separate creative for a portrait view, useful for mobile devices. In a result, a single creative of this template can be served for various devices where a horizontal creative appears on landscape devices and a vertical creative on portrait screens. Also, Interstitial executes 3rd-party tags with the identical method as in Parallaxer now.
We have changed closest plans, and some previously mentioned ongoing tasks are delayed or even suspended.
- We are rebuilding Parallaxer fully. It should work much smoother on mobile devices and will have a few new features. Can’t say do a foreground image feature will be among those features. Rebuilding is taking much more time than expected, planning to release the new Parallaxer soon.
- We are working on a new template. Soon will be all the details about it.
- WP plugin for easier Google Ad Manager tags installation is suspended indefinitely. We haven’t time for the plugin at this moment. Sorry.
On June 3 Google published release notes for Google Ad Manager where they are suggesting to change an URL to the hosted GPT library. URL with the domain “www.googletagservices.com” changes to “https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/tag/js/gpt.js”. You can optimize GPT speed with those changes. We haven’t tested does it improves performance for real, but we assume it does and it’s worth doing it.