From this month we are starting to publish monthly reviews about our creative templates updates, our further plans and some notes related to the Google Ad Manager.
In April we have published 7 updates for four templates. Here are the most significant changes:
- Wallpaper follows its container position changes and now has two new API methods. In case when Wallpaper has been rendered under a top menu as fixed, on scrolling, the creative doesn’t follow the top menu what could result in odd appearance, now the creative follows the top-menu and moves till the top of the viewport. Check differences – before and now. The new API methods allow updating the layout of Wallpaper when a website changes its layout without user interaction like something changes after some time amount.
- Parallaxer can now automatically find the best container height. This helps a lot to show single creative on desktop and mobile devices. The template calculates a height for a creative automatically from a size of a used file in it to achieve the best look. Here is the example – check this example on desktop and mobile devices.
- Intexter now works with infinite websites. Before this update, each next Intexter call resulted in a new ad in the first text block. Now the template marks a text block from further checkings of Intexter calls. This update is useful and essential for websites where new articles and ads are loaded on scrolling.
- Foreground image for the Parallaxer – a new layer (PNG image with transparent parts in it) which appears above Parallaxer creative and scrolls together with a container of the template. Will be released in May.
- We are seeking for ways to make our templates more universal (now they are suitable to Google Ad Manager only). Make them easily set up and compatible with the Google Ad Exchange, Prebid.js, etc. Can’t say when will be available.
- WordPress plugin for easy Google Ad Manager tags installation. We hope to release in May.
Some time ago Google made changes in ads lazy loading. Before those changes, we have described how to show ads on infinite websites, but now that code isn’t working fully – ad-slots appear empty after 5th ads request. We have tried to implement lazy loading with API method “destroySlots()” as described in Google article, but that led to other problems – it removes all ads from previously showed ad-slots. Those problems described in this topic also. We haven’t found a solution for this. Does any?
Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions to topics described in this article or about the Google Ad Manager in the comments.